Saturday, May 17, 2008

The "Wow" Facter

Some Cars have the "Wow" factor, and some don't. It's as simple as that.....

But the thing is the "Wow" factor can have different meanings.

The worst of which would be "Wow look at that Shity Honda". Through to the much better of the "Wows" being "Wow, that’s one F%#ken awesome Skyline"

Some cars just have something about them which cause you to take a minute to stare in amazement.

I say this because the "Wow" factor almost caused me to crash

Driving home from work the other day a car distance caught my attention. This was no ordinary car. This was the Audi R8.

Of course I’ve Never seen an Audi R8 in the Flesh (Well, Carbon Fibre). But here it was! My 2nd most Loved Car (Nissan GTR being 1st), driving down Thomas Road in little old Hamilton, New Zealand.

I was gobsmaked to say the least. And in this brief moment of laps in concentration (4 Seconds) I nearly drove straight into the back of the car i was following. Yikes!

But what made me stare mindlessly at this car opposed to any other car? Yea, the "Wow" Factor was there. But what gives it that "Wow" in the first place.

It could be one of many thing, the dramatic out there style. The amazing performance figures. or just the mere price tag and rarity of the car. And even if though all these things come into play, some people won’t even give the car a second glance.

Obviously these people aren’t car enthusiast and cannot appreciate the car for what it is. Some would just consider it to be some car for a guy having a mid-life crisis.

Then there are those people like me, who know what the Audi R8 really is. An amazing piece of machinery.

This is what the car was made for. To "Wow" you. Audi themselfs know this! and go on to say....

"The R8 was built to take your breath away. Audi’s leading designers have pushed the boundaries of racing technology, futuristic construction and luxury refinement to deliver a genuine masterpiece"

"Wow”. You either got it or you don't

1 comment:

Sarah Byles said...

I keep rubbing up against these R8s lately it seems.

That came out wrong. What I mean is, they seem to be in places I've been to - car related things obviously. Top Gear exhibition etc.

I think you should continue your blog! Get you're voice out there Rhys! Or I'll kick your ass.