Monday, March 31, 2008

Me And My Car. A Love/Hate Relationship

I love my car, I really do. But it keeps on kicking the shit out of me and taking all my money, But no matter what, i keep on coming back for more. I am of course talking about my pride and joy, my 1996 Toyota Levin AE111.

I picked up this gem of jap automotive design and engineering about six months ago from a car dealership for what i now realise was a slightly overpriced amount. This was one of many mistakes i have made with my car so far. but having said that, I don’t regret anything.

Many Things have gone wrong. So far I’ve had broken a clutch. Doors have not unlocked. Electric windows have jammed. And of course my current ongoing problem, the suspension! (Don’t ask, it will be fixed soon)

Heck! Only a few days after originally writing this, I managed to back my car into my fathers Mazda Famaila. Nicely denting both cars and caused me to go into a swearing fit (One in every Ten words, a personal best) for an hour.

My car also acts a bottomless hole to throw money into. Theres insurance payments, repairs, and warrants and registrations to be renewed. Not to mention the ever rising price of fuel.

The strange thing is most people would HATE there car by now. But the thing is, i have only become more attached to it.

All these things give my car A personality A "Ghost in the shell" if you will. I Even find myself Calling my car (a mere piece of metal) her or girl, and on the odd occasion bitch, if I’m angry enough.

I guess a car to some people is a way to express yourself. I find my car to be a extension of my personality and in turn, have become attached to it.

So I guess, in a way, I define my car and my car defines me

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ghost in the shell eh? Very witty commander.